Friday, August 19, 2005

Kisses and What?


Sometimes, I laugh at myself.

The idea for my romantic blog http://kissesandroses.blogspot.com came from the French.
I hosted some of the "Poetry Nights" at the Maison de France in Ikoyi on the Lagos Island in Nigeria. And the French Cultural Centre is the base for many of the Artists and Artistes in Nigeria where we always performed. I had the world premiere of my "Sleepless Night" there in the summer of 2002. And I also performed my special love song for the Nigerian born Miss World Darego at the same venue in 2002. The numero uno in Afro Rock music in Nigeria, Dabyna Abraham was backing me. And the babes were already screaming at the rendition of my first verse. Since 17, babes always loved to see me on stage. I produced and directed my first play, "The Prodigal" at the National Museum in Lagos in 1980. I recorded my first song in 1984 at 21. But, I left music to go into Christian Missionary work till 2000. Then, I came back to record my second song, "She comes on Sundays" in 2003. I gave a copy only to the BBC to broadcast it with an interview on my performance poetry as political protest poet in Nigeria. I have decided to go commercial before the end of this year 2005.

My life is all about kisses and roses.There are hot kisses and cold kisses. And there are no roses without thorns. As Bishop T.D Jakes said, "Life is not a fairy tale."

I am recording a special CD for the benefit of the Children of Chornobyl Relief Fund (CCRF). You are all welcome to cooperate and support me for this charity.

No comments: