Sunday, January 08, 2006

Pharrell Speaks His Mind


I am a fan of Pharrell Williams and this handsome guy is more than meets the eye. But most ignorant people don't know this. Now read all he said about his LP "IN MY MIND" that reflects its creator's self-professed practice of "universalism and individualism,".

"IN MY MIND" comprises seven R&B tracks and seven hip-hop tracks.

The integral nature of the songs:
"is meant to evoke emotion and evoke debate and evoke dialogue," says Pharrell, "to get people talking and realizing, 'Wow, I could be me. He just did it with R&B and hip-hop - I could do it with politics and religion, I could do it with science and social studies, I could do it with clothing and food, I could be an artist and be an equestrian, there's just so many things you could do."


"That's what DaVinci did, so many of the greats. We're all renaissance people and we have to tap in to that and we have to realize it. Not just to think that we're good at a few things, but to realize that we have the ability to do more than those things and be the best at it."


Pharrell is a genius and he made a lot of difference in the music of Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.

Pharrell was the Esquire Magazine's 2005 "Best Dressed Man in the World".

No comments: